Date:   Fri, 10 Feb 2017 18:39:16 -0800
From:   Yinghai Lu <yinghai@...nel.org>
To:     Bjorn Helgaas <helgaas@...nel.org>
Cc:     Lukas Wunner <lukas@...ner.de>,
        "linux-pci@...r.kernel.org" <linux-pci@...r.kernel.org>,
        Bart Van Assche <bart.vanassche@...disk.com>,
        Christoph Hellwig <hch@....de>,
        "Rafael J. Wysocki" <rafael.j.wysocki@...el.com>,
        Mika Westerberg <mika.westerberg@...ux.intel.com>,
        Ashok Raj <ashok.raj@...el.com>,
        Keith Busch <keith.busch@...el.com>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] PCI fixes for v4.10

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 12:11 PM, Bjorn Helgaas <helgaas@...nel.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 09, 2017 at 09:09:50AM -0600, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
>> [+cc Ashok, Keith]

>> > What's the rationale for reverting this?
>> >
>> > You've received patches to fix the issue on both affected machines,
>> > so a revert seems unnecessary:
>> >
>> > https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9557113/
>> > https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9562007/
>>
>> I don't think we've gotten to the root cause of the problem yet,
>> and I don't want to throw in fixes at the last minute without a better
>> understanding of it.
>>
>> PCIe hotplug hardware is not very complicated, it hasn't changed in
>> many years, and at least for the Intel hardware in question, is
>> generally pretty well-tested with Windows.  So I want to be careful
>> about asserting that this new piece of hardware is broken.
>
> I apologize: I had quirks on the brain, but neither of the patches
> above is device-specific.  So neither is claiming broken hardware.
>
> However, 9557113 claims we get unwanted PME interrupts if the slot is
> occupied when we suspend to D3hot.  This is what I want to explore
> further, because that hardware behavior doesn't really make sense to
> me.
>
> 9562007 apparently fixes something, but at this point it's a debugging
> patch (no changelog or signed-off-by) so not a candidate for tossing
> into v4.10 at this late date.

Agreed. It should need more test coverage.

Found more problems.

Actually we don't need 9557113.
as even with that, we still saw link up when power off slots with some cards.

please check updated version of 9562007, that fix power on/off link up problem.

Ashok,

Can ask your QA guys check only attached patch and commit 68db9bc ?

Thanks

Yinghai

View attachment "fix_extra_d0d3.patch" of type "text/x-patch" (5485 bytes)