Date:   Sat, 25 Mar 2017 09:55:36 -0400
From:   Pasha Tatashin <pasha.tatashin@...cle.com>
To:     Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>
Cc:     x86@...nel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, mingo@...hat.com,
        peterz@...radead.org, hpa@...or.com
Subject: Re: [v2 0/9] Early boot time stamps for x86

Hi Thomas,

The second versions was actually meant as a reply to your e-mail: the
code differences were minimal: the main differences were in the cover
letter. You mentioned that it is not necessary to have early boot time
stamps, and  I wanted to show examples how this data is useful to track
scalability bugs and avoid future regressions.

Anyway, you asked for some time to think about this problem, I won't
send any replies to this thread for the next two weeks. So, please
consider this solution. The feature is well abstracted, does not harm
the performance of the fast path, and if necessary it can also be made
optional with something like:
CONFIG_HAVE_UNSTABLE_EARLY_CLOCK

Thank you,
Pasha