Date:   Fri, 25 Aug 2017 08:19:19 -0700
From:   Christoph Hellwig <hch@...radead.org>
To:     Hans de Goede <hdegoede@...hat.com>
Cc:     Christoph Hellwig <hch@...radead.org>,
        Arnd Bergmann <arnd@...db.de>,
        Michael Thayer <michael.thayer@...cle.com>,
        "Knut St . Osmundsen" <knut.osmundsen@...cle.com>,
        Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@...inger.net>,
        linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [RFC v2 1/2] virt: Add vboxguest driver for Virtual Box Guest
 integration

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 05:13:35PM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> You know I've been working on this for almost 2 fulltime months

I don't, and I don't care to be honest.  Figuring out what do
do about the userspace API/ABI should be your first priority,
and you should have discussed this on the linux-api list where
I didn't see anything about this driver.

We have a general stance to fix userspace APIs/ABIs before inclusion,
and in the few cases where we did it turned into a giant trainwreck.
The prime example is the Android binder, which has been a giant mess.
And that's something a lot more important than a weird hobbyist
hypersvior.