Date:   Wed, 18 Oct 2017 15:34:07 +1100
From:   Andrew Donnellan <andrew.donnellan@....ibm.com>
To:     LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Cc:     lwn@....net
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Call for Papers - linux.conf.au Kernel Miniconf, Sydney,

Greetings,

*****

TL;DR

     - LCA Kernel Miniconf, Sydney, Australia, 22 Jan 2018

     - Submissions by 30 November 2017, 23:59 (AEDT/UTC+11)

     - Wanted: anything interesting to kernel hackers! Speakers from
       diverse backgrounds encouraged!

     - Form: https://rego.linux.conf.au/proposals/submit/kernel-miniconf/

*****

linux.conf.au 2018 will be held at the University of Technology Sydney
from 22-26 January 2018.

The Kernel Miniconf is returning once again and the CFP is now open!

What is the Kernel Miniconf?
----------------------------

LCA's miniconfs are one-day special interest streams that allow in depth
discussion of particular topics.

The Kernel Miniconf will feature a variety of talks and discussions on
kernel and systems programming topics, including technical talks on
current kernel developments and kernel community/process. Past Kernel
Miniconfs have included talks on various aspects of the kernel such as
networking, filesystems, power management, and so on, as well as
community issues such as licensing.

The focus of the miniconf will primarily be on the Linux kernel, however
interesting submissions about other Free Software kernels are welcome
and encouraged. It's anticipated that most talks will be aimed at people
with existing kernel and low-level programming experience, however
anyone is welcome no matter what their level of experience. There will
be a lightning talks/open discussion session at the end of the day.

Who can attend?
---------------

Anyone with an LCA ticket can attend. A limited number of miniconf-only
day tickets may be available - contact me for further details.

Who can speak?
--------------

Anyone with something interesting and kernel-related to say! You will
need to have an LCA ticket though - unfortunately miniconf speakers
don't qualify for speakers' tickets. (Please contact me if that's a
problem for you and we may be able to find some options.)

We strongly encourage both first-time and seasoned speakers from all
backgrounds, ages, genders, nationalities, ethnicities, religions and
abilities. Like the main LCA conference itself, we respect and encourage
diversity at our miniconf. If you would like any assistance with
creating a proposal, don't hesitate to ask!

Submission process
------------------

To submit a proposal, go to
https://rego.linux.conf.au/proposals/submit/kernel-miniconf/.

Talks should be 25 minutes or 45 minutes. Please indicate your preferred
timeslot length in your submission.

Dates and deadlines
-------------------

* Right Now - CFP opens

* 30 November 2017, 23:59 (AEDT/UTC+11) - CFP closes

* by 7 December 2017 - Confirmation

* 22 January 2018 - conference!

Please indicate in your submission if you require earlier confirmation
to assist in arranging travel/funding.

Questions?

If you've got any other questions about the Kernel Miniconf that I
haven't covered here, ping me at andrew.donnellan@....ibm.com.

For general LCA questions, ask team@...2018.org or @linuxconfau on Twitter.

- Andrew

--
Andrew Donnellan              OzLabs, ADL Canberra
andrew.donnellan@....ibm.com  IBM Australia Limited