Date:   Thu, 14 Dec 2017 11:06:33 +0800
From:   Jia-Ju Bai <baijiaju1990@...il.com>
To:     Stephen Hemminger <stephen@...workplumber.org>
Cc:     David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>, mlindner@...vell.com,
        shemminger@...l.org, shemminger@...ux-foundation.org,
        netdev@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [BUG] skge: a possible sleep-in-atomic bug in skge_remove

On 2017/12/14 0:50, Stephen Hemminger wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 15:42:56 +0800
> Jia-Ju Bai <baijiaju1990@...il.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2017/12/13 13:18, Stephen Hemminger wrote:

>>> Thanks, I was hoping for some automated static analysis tool.
>> This bug was found by an automated static analysis tool named DSAC,
>> which is written by myself.
>> Then I manually checked driver source code, and finally sent the bug report.
> Thanks.
> Would it be possible to put tool in tools directory and then have
> it automated by kbuild robot?
Hi,

Thanks for your appreciation of my tool :)

I think it is possible. But before releasing, I need to improve it to
solve some problems:
1. It produces some false positives and negatives. Thus I need
developer's response and confirmation of my bug reports, to help me to
improve my tool's accuracy.
2. It is based on Clang-3.2 (a LLVM-based compiler, not GCC), and some
driver code cannot compile normally. Maybe I should re-implement my tool
based on a recent Clang version.
3. Some software is needed when running my tool, thus as MySQL (maybe I
directly can write to files, instead of database in the future) and
Clang (Clang is necessary).

I think it may be difficult to directly put my tool in "tools"
directory. But with some configuration, it is possible to run it
automatically in a testing environment.
I also plan to open this tool in the future, after finishing the
improvements :)

Thanks,
Jia-Ju Bai