Date:   Sun, 4 Feb 2018 12:23:33 +0300
From:   Alexander Sergeyev <sergeev917@...il.com>
To:     Mario.Limonciello@...l.com
Cc:     dvhart@...radead.org, andy@...radead.org,
        linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, mjg59@...f.ucam.org,
        pali.rohar@...il.com, platform-driver-x86@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: PROBLEM: NULL pointer dereference in dell_set_arguments() in 4.15

Mario,

>Would you please try https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10194287/
>And see if it cleans up this null pointer dereference?

Yes, it does.

Is there any estimates on when the patch will be merged into mainline? I want
to put something into my distribution bug tracker, but it's unlikely they will
use this patch before its stabilization.

>As for your suspend problem did you pick up the new firmware that contained
>the microcode update for Spectre? Or a microcode update from your
>distribution?

Yes, around a month ago (the firmware option). Still, there is a time frame
between the firmware update and the problem surfacing. As I said it was
eliminated by switching POST/fastboot to the thorough mode. I just have tried
to reproduce the problem with previous settings, but with no success. So, that
is (in a way) closed, but I have no idea what it was about.

Thank you.