Date:   Thu, 26 Apr 2018 15:07:35 +0200
From:   Kévin Carli <k.carli@...rkiz.com>
To:     linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Custom module to add device tree overlay - kernel 4.14-rc4

Hi,

I made a custom module using the kernel API (of_fdt_unflatten_tree +
of_resolve_phandles + of_overlay_create ) to dynamically (after my
kernel has booted) insert an overlay.

It seems to work just fine, I can see the result in /proc/device-tree,
but theses changes are not propagated to /dev or to
/sys/devices/plateform. So I can't use what I have added using my overlay.

I first though that the device/plateform driver was not re-probed, but
even if I include a line like this one :

platform_device_register_simple("at91_rtc", -1, NULL, 0);

it does not work :/.

So I was wondering if someone knows a way to dynamically add an overlay
and can see the changes. (not only in /proc/device-tree).

PS: I don't use U-Boot, nor configfs, and I don't want to use my overlay
through the bootloader.

Best regards,
Carli-K