Date:   Wed, 11 Jul 2018 08:13:56 -0700
From:   Dave Hansen <dave.hansen@...el.com>
To:     "H.J. Lu" <hjl.tools@...il.com>
Cc:     "H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@...or.com>,
        LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
        Andy Lutomirski <luto@...nel.org>,
        Mel Gorman <mgorman@...e.de>,
        Rik van Riel <riel@...riel.com>,
        Minchan Kim <minchan@...nel.org>
Subject: Re: Kernel 4.17.4 lockup

On 07/11/2018 07:56 AM, H.J. Lu wrote:
>>> How can I turn them on at boot time?
>> The only thing you can add at boot time is slab debugging, and it's
>> probably the most useless of the three that I listed since you're not
>> actually seeing any slab corruption.
>>
>> The rest are compile-time options.
> I enabled KASAN, slab debugging, DEBUG_PAGE_ALLOC and disabled
> KASLR.  Machine locked up.  Here is the last kernel message before locking
> up.

KASAN looks to have caught it, although it scrolled off the screen.  I
can certainly imagine the oops you saw earlier being caused by stack
corruption.

Sounds like we need to reproduce this in an environment that can
actually capture a real oops.  Can you share more about your workload?
I'll see if I can get it to reproduce in a VM.