Date:   Thu, 09 Aug 2018 01:11:55 -0500
From:   Scott Wood <oss@...error.net>
To:     Bharat Bhushan <bharat.bhushan@....com>,
        "benh@...nel.crashing.org" <benh@...nel.crashing.org>,
        "paulus@...ba.org" <paulus@...ba.org>,
        "mpe@...erman.id.au" <mpe@...erman.id.au>,
        "galak@...nel.crashing.org" <galak@...nel.crashing.org>,
        "mark.rutland@....com" <mark.rutland@....com>,
        "kstewart@...uxfoundation.org" <kstewart@...uxfoundation.org>,
        "gregkh@...uxfoundation.org" <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>,
        "devicetree@...r.kernel.org" <devicetree@...r.kernel.org>,
        "linuxppc-dev@...ts.ozlabs.org" <linuxppc-dev@...ts.ozlabs.org>,
Cc:     "robh@...nel.org" <robh@...nel.org>,
        "keescook@...omium.org" <keescook@...omium.org>,
        "tyreld@...ux.vnet.ibm.com" <tyreld@...ux.vnet.ibm.com>,
        "joe@...ches.com" <joe@...ches.com>
Subject: Re: [RFC 5/5] powerpc/fsl: Add supported-irq-ranges for P2020

On Thu, 2018-08-09 at 03:28 +0000, Bharat Bhushan wrote:
> [...]

It's better than device tree changes but I'm not convinced it's worthwhile
just to suppress some simulator warnings.  If the warnings really bother you,
you can use pic-no-reset in the device tree (assuming this isn't some new chip
that you want to make sure doesn't fall over when the usual mpic init happens)
and/or convince the hardware people to make the interface properly
discoverable including discontiguous regions (if there *is* some new chip I
haven't heard about).

-Scott