Date:   Tue, 25 Sep 2018 14:36:45 +0200
From:   Christoph Conrads <contact@...istoph-conrads.name>
To:     Pavel Machek <pavel@....cz>
Cc:     Edward Cree <ec429@...tab.net>, Olof Johansson <olof@...om.net>,
        Jonathan Corbet <corbet@....net>,
Subject: Re: Code of Conduct: Let's revamp it.

Dear Pavel,

> > > Your above argument that the Code of Conduct is problematic because of
> > > who wrote it seems to contradict your statement that we shall judge by
> > > code (or text) alone.
> > I think there are important differences between code to be run by CPUs
> >  and a Code to be run by humans.  And when the author goes on a victory
> >  lap on Twitter and declares the Code to be "a political document", is
> >  it any surprise I'm worried?
>
> Would you have link on that?

The CoC is a political document:
https://web.archive.org/web/20180924234027/https://twitter.com/coralineada/status/1041465346656530432

Possible victory lap 1:
https://web.archive.org/web/20180921104730/https://twitter.com/coralineada/status/1041441155874009093

Possible victory lap 2:
https://web.archive.org/web/20180920211406/https://twitter.com/coralineada/status/1042249983590838272

Note the statement in the second victory lap is wrong, it is 40,000 developers and not 40,000 projects as you can see in this commit:
https://github.com/ContributorCovenant/contributor_covenant/commit/c5ac3dfc0274b8e58e04f112aae38caaa1f2e338

> I'd really want to know who authored the
> document, because it is making statements that are untrue.

Here is the author's post-meritocracy manifesto:
https://postmeritocracy.org/

Here is the author's patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/coraline

Sincerely