Date:   Sun, 05 May 2019 05:06:48 +0000
From:   vsnsdualce3@...chan.it
To:     Thomas Schmitt <scdbackup@....net>
Cc:     debian-user@...ts.debian.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
        qmastery16@...il.com, rhkramer@...il.com,
        richard@...nut.gen.nz, curty@...e.fr, jmtd@...ian.org,
        mick.crane@...il.com, tomas@...team.de, steve@...val.com,
        joe@...trading.com, rms@....org, esr@...rsus.com
Subject: Re: Can a recipients rights under GNU GPL be revoked?

> Note the word "irrevocable". So i think GPLv3 is safe.
You think wrong.

Do you know what an illusory promise is?
We'll you're staring at one there.

No bargained-for consideration (read: payment), No enforceable contract.
And, no, "obeying the license" isn't "payment": you have to do that
regardless: otherwise you're committing copyright infringement, which
you have a pre-existing duty to avoid.