Date:   Sat, 4 Jan 2020 13:25:23 +0500
From:   Mikhail Gavrilov <mikhail.v.gavrilov@...il.com>
To:     Jinke Fan <fanjinke@...on.cn>
Cc:     Alexandre Belloni <alexandre.belloni@...tlin.com>,
        J William Piggott <elseifthen@....com>,
        Karel Zak <kzak@...hat.com>,
        "util-linux@...r.kernel.org" <util-linux@...r.kernel.org>,
        Linux List Kernel Mailing <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
        "linux-rtc@...r.kernel.org" <linux-rtc@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [bugreport] "hwclock -w" reset time instead of setting the right time

On Sat, 4 Jan 2020 at 10:46, Jinke Fan <fanjinke@...on.cn> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
> The root cause of the bug you encountered is unclear.

=== cutted ===

> There is no date reset found in the bios after reboot.
> The first time during OS startup get date from rtc_cmos is:
> [    1.589157] rtc_cmos 00:03: setting system clock to
> 2020-01-04T04:07:01 UTC (1578110821)

> I watched the video on youtube. The date is reseted when startup into
> bios at Mike's platform.
> As we know that the bios will check the validity of rtc time, if not,
> bios will reset the rtc time. RTC time reset may be done by the BIOS.

Did you disable automatic time synchronization?
By default Fedora GNOME doing automatic time synchronization.
For this reason, it’s more correct to immediately go into the BIOS
after a reboot and there check the time value or turn off automatic
time synchronization

--
Best Regards,
Mike Gavrilov.