Date:   Wed, 29 Jan 2020 10:23:54 -0800
From:   Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
To:     Krzysztof Kozlowski <krzk@...nel.org>
Cc:     Greg KH <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>,
        Stephen Rothwell <sfr@...b.auug.org.au>,
        linux-usb@...r.kernel.org, Wolfram Sang <wsa@...-dreams.de>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] USB/Thunderbolt/PHY patches for 5.6-rc1

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 10:20 AM Krzysztof Kozlowski <krzk@...nel.org> wrote:

> The I2C fix for this is in Wolfram's tree already:

It was never an i2c error.

It was an error in that commit that made a change that introduced a new warning.

It is *not* acceptable to break things and say "somebody else will fix
it up later".

If it's broken in the PHY tree, then the PHY tree is broken. It's that simple.

We don't enable compile testing that causes warnings.

                  Linus