Date:   Fri, 13 Mar 2020 13:36:52 -0400
From:   Steven Rostedt <rostedt@...dmis.org>
To:     "Bird, Tim" <Tim.Bird@...y.com>
Cc:     James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@...senPartnership.com>,
        Jani Nikula <jani.nikula@...el.com>,
        "Theodore Y. Ts'o" <tytso@....edu>,
        "ksummit-discuss@...ts.linuxfoundation.org"
        <ksummit-discuss@...ts.linuxfoundation.org>,
        "tech-board-discuss@...ts.linuxfoundation.org"
        <tech-board-discuss@...ts.linuxfoundation.org>,
        Vlastimil Babka <vbabka@...e.cz>,
Subject: Re: [Tech-board-discuss] [Ksummit-discuss] Linux Foundation
 Technical Advisory Board Elections -- Change to charter

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 17:14:51 +0000
"Bird, Tim" <Tim.Bird@...y.com> wrote:

> I was elected in Prague in 2017.  I was onsite, but had a conflict so
> was not present for the vote.  So it's happened, but it has been rare
> for someone to be elected while not present at the vote.  I'll be honest.
> The fact that ELC was co-located with the kernel summit that year
> probably had a lot to do with my win.  IMHO it would be nice
> to reduce the effect of the event pairing on the elections, so I really
> welcome the movement to absentee voting (even though it helped
> me once :-) ).

Last year I too was on site, but missed the election meeting as I was too
busy running Plumbers ;-) (Like you were running ELC) And I too was elected.
But last year was the first time we had electronic voting and you could vote
without being at the election. You only had to be present at the conference.

Last year we also removed the speech and instead only had the published
statements.

-- Steve