Date:   Wed, 5 Aug 2020 19:27:46 +0200
From:   Pavel Machek <pavel@....cz>
To:     Arnd Bergmann <arnd@...db.de>
Cc:     Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>,
        SoC Team <soc@...nel.org>,
        Linux ARM <linux-arm-kernel@...ts.infradead.org>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL 0/5] ARM: SoC: changes for v5.9

Hi!

> 2. In the past few merge windows we have seen an increase in (usually
>    older) Android phones and tablets gaining mainline kernel support.
>    This time we get a total of eight Snapdragon phones and two Tegra
>    tablets. To me this indicates that we finally have sufficient driver
>    support, in particular on the GPU side, to make this workable.
>    It also shows the impact that a single hobbyist developer can have,
>    as most of the new support was submitted by Konrad Dybcio who only
>    started contributing kernel patches to mainline Linux for postmarketos
>    earlier this year.

I'm happy to see that. So far, Nokia N900 is reaonably supported (basically everything
but Bluetooth works, voicecalls miss userland daemon for audio), and Motorola
Droid 4 (modem needs some more in kernel, camera will be hard).

Is there anything with similar support coming in, or is it usual "it boots,
serial console works"?

Should we have some kind of linux-phones mailing list? There is quite a lot of
stuff common in phones.

Best regards,
									Pavel