Date:   Wed, 4 Nov 2020 19:12:05 -0800
From:   Amy Parker <enbyamy@...il.com>
To:     linux-kbuild@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
        masahiroy@...nel.org, michal.lkml@...kovi.net
Subject: 5.10 tree fails to build

On all attempts to build the 5.10 tree (from either release candidate,
Linus's tree, Greg's tree, etc), the build crashes on the BTFID vmlinux
stage. I've tested this on several different devices with completely
different hardware and kernel configs. The symbol for vfs_getattr
appears to be missing. Compiles for all of these work on any compile
on any 5.9 tree. I've tested all 4 5.9 dot-releases as well as the first
two and last two release candidates and Greg's staging tree.

The specific error is:
  BTFIDS  vmlinux
FAILED unresolved symbol vfs_getattr
make: *** [Makefile:1164: vmlinux] Error 255

Any thoughts as to what's causing this? The main machine I'm
compiling with is running kernel 5.8.17 with dwarves 1.17. My
kernel config is attached as `kernel_config`.

Best regards,
Amy Parker
(they/them)

Download attachment "kernel_config" of type "application/octet-stream" (225592 bytes)