Date:   Wed, 9 Dec 2020 21:12:18 +0200
From:   Martin Zaharinov <micron10@...il.com>
To:     Guillaume Nault <gnault@...hat.com>
Cc:     "linux-kernel@...r kernel. org" <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
        Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet@...il.com>, netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Urgent: BUG: PPP ioctl Transport endpoint is not connected

> On 9 Dec 2020, at 20:10, Guillaume Nault <gnault@...hat.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Dec 09, 2020 at 06:57:44PM +0200, Martin Zaharinov wrote:

>>> I'm sorry, I don't understand.
>>> Do you mean that v4.14 worked fine (no crash, no ioctl() error)?
>>> Did the problem start appearing in v4.15? Or did v4.15 work and the
>>> problem appeared in v4.16?
>>
>> In Telegram group I talk with Sergey and Dimka and told my the problem is come after changes from 4.14 to 4.15
>> Sergey write this : "as I know, there was a similar issue in kernel 4.15 so maybe it is still not fixed"
>
> Ok, but what is your experience? Do you have a kernel version where
> accel-ppp reports no ioctl() error and doesn't crash the kernel?
Reported by Sergey and Dimka  version 4.14 < don’t have this problem,
Only version after 4.15.0 > have problem and with patch only fix to don’t put crash log in dimes and freeze system.

> There wasn't a lot of changes between 4.14 and 4.15 for PPP.
> The only PPP patch I can see that might have been risky is commit
> 0171c4183559 ("ppp: unlock all_ppp_mutex before registering device").

For my changes is a atomic and skb kfree .

>> I don’t have options to test with this old kernel 4.14.xxx i don’t have support for them.

>>> Do you use accel-ppp's unit-cache option? Does the problem go away if
>>> you stop using it?
>>>

>> No I don’t use unit-cache , if I set unit-cache accel-ppp defunct same but user Is connect and disconnet more fast.
>>
>> The problem is same with unit and without .
>> Only after this patch I don’t see error in dimes but this is not solution.
>
> Soryy, what's "in dimes"?
> Do you mean that reverting commit 77f840e3e5f0 ("ppp: prevent
> unregistered channels from connecting to PPP units") fixes your problem?
Sorry text correct in dmesg*

I don’t make any changes of ppp part of kernel 5.9.13 I use clean build for ppp .

>> In network have customer what have power cut problem, when drop 600 user and back Is normal but in this moment kernel is locking and start to make this :
>> sessions:
>>  starting: 4235
>>  active: 3882
>>  finishing: 378
>> The problem is starting session is not real user normal user in this server is ~4k customers .
>
> What type of session is it? L2TP, PPPoE, PPTP?

Session is PPPoE only with radius auth