Date:   Tue, 15 Dec 2020 06:57:02 +0200
From:   Jarkko Sakkinen <jarkko@...nel.org>
To:     Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
Cc:     David Howells <dhowells@...hat.com>,
        "Alexander A. Klimov" <grandmaster@...klimov.de>,
        "Gustavo A. R. Silva" <gustavoars@...nel.org>,
        Alex Shi <alex.shi@...ux.alibaba.com>,
        Ben Boeckel <mathstuf@...il.com>,
        Denis Efremov <efremov@...ux.com>,
        Gabriel Krisman Bertazi <krisman@...labora.com>,
        Jann Horn <jannh@...gle.com>,
        Krzysztof Kozlowski <krzk@...nel.org>,
        Mickaël Salaün <mic@...ux.microsoft.com>,
        Mimi Zohar <zohar@...ux.vnet.ibm.com>,
        Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@...radead.org>,
        Tianjia Zhang <tianjia.zhang@...ux.alibaba.com>,
        Tom Rix <trix@...hat.com>, YueHaibing <yuehaibing@...wei.com>,
        keyrings@...r.kernel.org,
        LSM List <linux-security-module@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] keys: Collected minor fixes and cleanups

On Mon, Dec 14, 2020 at 12:49:27PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> The pain just isn't worth it, but more importantly, you simply need to
> get your workflow in order, and not send me completely untested
> garbage that hasn't even been compiled.

I have now more bandwidth. It was mostly eaten by SGX, especially last
few months. Starting from next week, I'll start proactively test keyring
changes (I'm this week on vacation).

I've been thinking that maybe a two-folded approach would make sense for
keyring:

1. I would pick fixes to my linux-tpmdd where they would get quickly
   mirrored to linux-next. It's already taking changes for trusted
   keys, i.e. not solely for TPM changes.
2. Feature changes would go through David's tree.

>                Linus

/Jarkko