Date:   Fri, 9 Apr 2021 16:37:46 +0200
From:   Borislav Petkov <bp@...en8.de>
To:     "Kirill A. Shutemov" <kirill@...temov.name>
Cc:     Dave Hansen <dave.hansen@...ux.intel.com>,
        Andy Lutomirski <luto@...nel.org>,
        Peter Zijlstra <peterz@...radead.org>,
        Sean Christopherson <seanjc@...gle.com>,
        Jim Mattson <jmattson@...gle.com>,
        David Rientjes <rientjes@...gle.com>,
        "Edgecombe, Rick P" <rick.p.edgecombe@...el.com>,
        "Kleen, Andi" <andi.kleen@...el.com>,
        "Yamahata, Isaku" <isaku.yamahata@...el.com>, x86@...nel.org,
        kvm@...r.kernel.org, linux-mm@...ck.org,
        linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
        "Kirill A. Shutemov" <kirill.shutemov@...ux.intel.com>
Subject: Re: [RFCv1 2/7] x86/kvm: Introduce KVM memory protection feature

On Fri, Apr 09, 2021 at 04:36:01PM +0300, Kirill A. Shutemov wrote:
> The patchset is still in path-finding stage. I'll be more specific once we
> settle on how the feature works.

This is not why I'm asking: these feature bits are visible to userspace
in /proc/cpuinfo and if you don't have a use case to show this to
userspace, use the "" in the comment.

And if you don't need that feature bit at all (you're only setting it
but not querying it) you should not add it at all.

Thx.

--
Regards/Gruss,
    Boris.