Date:   Tue, 10 Aug 2021 07:13:51 +0200
From:   Miklos Szeredi <miklos@...redi.hu>
To:     Matthew Wilcox <willy@...radead.org>
Cc:     Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>,
        overlayfs <linux-unionfs@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] overlayfs fixes for 5.14-rc6

On Tue, 10 Aug 2021 at 00:34, Matthew Wilcox <willy@...radead.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 09, 2021 at 02:26:55PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 9, 2021 at 2:25 PM Linus Torvalds
> > <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > I've pulled this,
> >
> > Actually, I take that back.
> >
> > None of those things have been in linux-next either, and considering
> > my worries about it, I want to see more actual testing of this.

The denywrite patch has been in -next for three weeks, the others
less, but also spent some time in there.  The reason the commit
timestamp is so recent is that the fixes have been pulled to the front
of the queue.

But okay, I can drop that patch from this pull request.

> Not only that, the changes to fs/namespace.c and mm/util.c haven't been
> posted to linux-mm or linux-fsdevel, as far as I can tell.

It has been posted to both and got an ACK from an MM person:

 https://lore.kernel.org/linux-mm/YOhTrVWYi1aFY3o0@miu.piliscsaba.redhat.com/

Thanks,
Miklos