Date:   Mon, 21 Feb 2022 09:23:02 -0500
From:   Woody Suwalski <wsuwalski@...il.com>
To:     Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>,
Subject: Re: Linux 5.17-rc5

Linus Torvalds wrote:
> We all know the drill by now. Another week, another rc.
>
> Things continue to look pretty much normal. There are fixes all over
> the place, but no more than usual for this time of the release. And
> the statistics look normal too, with most of the changes being to
> drivers. The diffstat looks a bit unusual with the Intel iwlwifi
> driver showing a lot of modification, but it's almost entirely due to
> removal of the deprecated broadcast filtering that doesn't even work
> with newer firmware.
>
> Outside the driver subsystems, it's mostly arch updates (kvm shows up
> a lot again), tooling and networking.
>
> And various random changes elsewhere. The appended shortlog gives more
> details for the people who are interested in the minutiae.
>
> Please do test.
>
>                  Linus
>
> ---
>
> Alex Henrie (1):
>        HID: apple: Set the tilde quirk flag on the Wellspring 5 and later
>
> Alex Maydanik (1):
>        net: fix documentation for kernel_getsockname
>
> Alexey Khoroshilov (1):
>        net: dsa: lantiq_gswip: fix use after free in gswip_remove()
>
> Amir Goldstein (1):
>        cifs: fix set of group SID via NTSD xattrs
>
> Anders Roxell (1):
>        powerpc/lib/sstep: fix 'ptesync' build error
>
> Andy Lutomirski (1):
>        x86/ptrace: Fix xfpregs_set()'s incorrect xmm clearing
>
> Andy Shevchenko (1):
>        parisc: Add ioread64_lo_hi() and iowrite64_lo_hi()
>
> AngeloGioacchino Del Regno (1):
>        drm/mediatek: mtk_dsi: Avoid EPROBE_DEFER loop with external bridge
>
> Ansuel Smith (2):
>        mtd: parsers: qcom: Fix kernel panic on skipped partition
>        mtd: parsers: qcom: Fix missing free for pparts in cleanup
>
> Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo (2):
>        tools headers UAPI: Sync linux/perf_event.h with the kernel sources
>        perf bpf: Defer freeing string after possible strlen() on it
>
> Basavaraj Natikar (7):
>        HID: amd_sfh: Increase sensor command timeout
>        HID: amd_sfh: Add illuminance mask to limit ALS max value
>        HID: amd_sfh: Handle amd_sfh work buffer in PM ops
>        HID: amd_sfh: Correct the structure field name
>        HID: amd_sfh: Disable the interrupt for all command
>        HID: amd_sfh: Add functionality to clear interrupts
>        HID: amd_sfh: Add interrupt handler to process interrupts
>
> Benjamin Beichler (1):
>        mac80211_hwsim: report NOACK frames in tx_status
>
> Bryan O'Donoghue (2):
>        mtd: rawnand: qcom: Fix clock sequencing in qcom_nandc_probe()
>        mtd: parsers: qcom: Don't print error message on -EPROBE_DEFER
>
> Cai Huoqing (1):
>        Drivers: hv: utils: Make use of the helper macro LIST_HEAD()
>
> Changbin Du (1):
>        perf trace: Avoid early exit due SIGCHLD from non-workload processes
>
> Charles Keepax (1):
>        ASoC: wm_adsp: Correct control read size when parsing compressed buffer
>
> Cheng Jui Wang (1):
> [...]

Compile failed like reported by Robert Gadson in
https://lkml.org/lkml/2022/2/20/341

As a workaround:
nf_defrag_ipv6.patch
--- a/net/netfilter/xt_socket.c    2022-02-21 07:29:21.938263397 -0500
+++ b/net/netfilter/xt_socket.c    2022-02-21 07:40:16.730022272 -0500
@@ -17,11 +17,11 @@
  #include <net/inet_sock.h>
  #include <net/netfilter/ipv4/nf_defrag_ipv4.h>

-#if IS_ENABLED(CONFIG_IP6_NF_IPTABLES)
+//#if IS_ENABLED(CONFIG_IP6_NF_IPTABLES)
  #include <linux/netfilter_ipv6/ip6_tables.h>
  #include <net/inet6_hashtables.h>
  #include <net/netfilter/ipv6/nf_defrag_ipv6.h>
-#endif
+//#endif

  #include <net/netfilter/nf_socket.h>
  #include <linux/netfilter/xt_socket.h>