Date:   Mon, 28 Feb 2022 11:14:53 -0800
From:   Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
To:     Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@...aro.org>
Cc:     Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@...all.nl>,
        Guenter Roeck <linux@...ck-us.net>,
        "open list:GPIO SUBSYSTEM" <linux-gpio@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] pin control fixes for the v5.17 series

On Mon, Feb 28, 2022 at 6:44 AM Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@...aro.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 27, 2022 at 9:38 PM Linus Torvalds
> <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hmm. Am I confused because I thought I'd see a fix for the orangepi
> > problem that Guenter has been reporting?
>
> OK let's poke Hans, he usually fix things quickly so it must have been missed.

Well, part of me being confused is that I've literally seen you reply
with 'patch applied' to the fixes.. Ie:

    https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/CACRpkdZ1nFAmzRvsvKvZ08fsP_MgsnsiNpD7LdRRXUDWtO_w=Q@mail.gmail.com/

but then I didn't get the result.

Afaik, that patch is only relevant if you applied the previous fix
("pinctrl-sunxi: use the right offset" or something like that).

I get the feeling that you didn't realize that this was a 5.17 issue,
and have maybe applied them to the wrong branch, and they are pending
for the next merge window.