Date:   Tue, 3 Jan 2023 12:22:53 +0100
From:   Aleksandr Nogikh <nogikh@...gle.com>
To:     "Theodore Ts'o" <tytso@....edu>
Cc:     syzbot <syzbot+3c45794f522ad93b0eb6@...kaller.appspotmail.com>,
        adilger.kernel@...ger.ca, linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org,
        linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, llvm@...ts.linux.dev,
        nathan@...nel.org, ndesaulniers@...gle.com,
        syzkaller-bugs@...glegroups.com, trix@...hat.com
Subject: Re: [syzbot] [ext4?] kernel panic: EXT4-fs (device loop0): panic
 forced after error (2)

Hi Ted,

Syzkaller already tries to avoid such situations, but in this
particular case, it has corrupted the mount options[1] and did not
recognize the problem. Though, as I understand, this string was
nevertheless valid to the kernel. Otherwise it would have aborted the
mount early (?).

I've sent a PR that should make the syzkaller logic more robust to
such broken options strings:
https://github.com/google/syzkaller/pull/3604

[1] grpjquota=Jnoinit_itable(errors=remount-ro,minixdf,jqfmt=vfsv0,usrjquota=."

--
Aleksandr