Date:   Tue, 27 Jun 2023 14:44:55 -0700
From:   Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
To:     Borislav Petkov <bp@...en8.de>
Cc:     Noah Goldstein <goldstein.w.n@...il.com>,
        Dave Hansen <dave.hansen@...ux.intel.com>,
        x86-ml <x86@...nel.org>, lkml <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] x86/misc for 6.5

On Tue, 27 Jun 2023 at 13:49, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@...ux-foundation.org> wrote:

> Anyway, before I throw my patch away, I'll just post it with the
> trivial fixes to use "+r", and with the "volatile" removed (I add
> "volatile" to asms by habit, but this one really isn't volatile).

Oh, never mind. I was about to throw it away, and then I realized that
the code *after* the loop relied on the range having been reduced down
to below 64 bytes, and checked for 32/16/8/4 byte ranges.

And my change to make it loop over 80 bytes had made that no longer be true.

But now I'm committed, and decided to fix that too, and just
re-organize the code to get all the cases right.

And now I'm going to actually boot-test the end result too.  Because
life is too short to spend all my time _just_ with merging.

               Linus

View attachment "0001-Silly-csum-improvement.-Maybe.patch" of type "text/x-patch" (3423 bytes)