Date: Sat, 18 May 2024 08:55:55 -0700
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
To: Masami Hiramatsu <mhiramat@...nel.org>
Cc: Andrii Nakryiko <andrii@...nel.org>, Jiri Olsa <jolsa@...nel.org>,
	Jonathan Haslam <jonathan.haslam@...il.com>, Kui-Feng Lee <thinker.li@...il.com>,
	Stephen Brennan <stephen.s.brennan@...cle.com>, Ye Bin <yebin10@...wei.com>,
	Steven Rostedt <rostedt@...dmis.org>, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] probes updates for v6.10

On Sat, 18 May 2024 at 07:38, Masami Hiramatsu <mhiramat@...nel.org> wrote:

> Ah, and I missed to build it with W=1.

Note that I do *not* at all expect people to build with W=1. It gets
very noisy depending on your compiler version etc, and a lot of the
W=1 errors are not at all worth worrying about.

But what I do expect is for merge window pull  requests to have been
in linux-next, which will give it at least reasonable build coverage
from the bots,

I'm not sure whether it was because I built witch clang (which gives
some warnings that gcc does not, and vice versa) or whether it was
just that my clang build has a different Kconfig. Regardless, if this
had been in linux-next, I'm pretty sure that it would have been found
before I hit it.

             Linus