Date:	Mon, 04 Dec 2006 13:17:15 -0500
From:	Robert Martin <robertm83@...il.com>
To:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: NETDEV-BCM43XX BUG - Failure to associate AP with latest	devscape
 git pull..

I've only had the laptop (Compaq V6000Z series) for about a week, so I'd
be unable to tell you if the driver had worked before, but I seem to
have had the same problem that Paul Collins did pertaining to frequency
mismatch.  Setting it manually to the value "iwlist" gave me for the AP
makes it work, albeit at very slow speeds (driver issue?).  I might have
been mistaken about the PCI-E, the lspci -n gives me...

03:00.0 0280: 14e4:4311 (rev 01)

...and lspci -vvv gives me...

03:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN
Mini-PCI Card (rev 01)
       Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Unknown device 1363
       Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop-
ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
       Capabilities: [58] Message Signalled Interrupts: 64bit- Queue=0/0
Enable-
               Address: 00000000  Data: 0000
       Capabilities: [d0] Express Legacy Endpoint IRQ 0
               Device: Supported: MaxPayload 128 bytes, PhantFunc 0,
ExtTag+
               Device: Latency L0s <4us, L1 unlimited
               Device: AtnBtn- AtnInd- PwrInd-
               Device: Errors: Correctable- Non-Fatal- Fatal- Unsupported-
               Device: RlxdOrd- ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop-
               Device: MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 128 bytes
               Link: Supported Speed 2.5Gb/s, Width x1, ASPM L0s, Port 0
               Link: Latency L0s <4us, L1 <64us
               Link: ASPM Disabled RCB 64 bytes CommClk- ExtSynch-
               Link: Speed 2.5Gb/s, Width x1
       Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting
       Capabilities: [13c] Virtual Channel

...although I could have sworn I read somewhere that this series uses
the PCI-E mini bus.  Thank you for your time.