Date:	Mon, 25 Jun 2007 16:23:02 -0700
From:	"Waskiewicz Jr, Peter P" <peter.p.waskiewicz.jr@...el.com>
To:	"David Miller" <davem@...emloft.net>, <kaber@...sh.net>
Cc:	<netdev@...r.kernel.org>, <shemminger@...ux-foundation.org>
Subject: RE: [RTNETLINK]: Add nested compat attribute

> From: Patrick McHardy <kaber@...sh.net>
> Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 23:08:09 +0200

> make it into 2.6.23.
> > >>

> > > I've just put Patrick's patch into the net-2.6.23 tree.
> > >

> > You seem to have added the netlink patch for the generic netlink
> > attributes. Peter needs the rtnetlink attribute patch since qdiscs
> > still use the old stuff.
> >
> > Attached again to this mail.
>
> Thanks for the clarification, I thought they were both the
> same patch, resent for the sake of tgraf seeing it.
>
> I've applied this one too, thanks Patrick.

It looks like the one Patrick resent was the older version that requires
a typecast.  This is the function prototype currently in the kernel:

+extern int rtattr_parse_nested_compat(struct rtattr *tb[], int maxattr,
+				      struct rtattr *rta, void **data,
int len);

This is the newer version:

+extern int __rtattr_parse_nested_compat(struct rtattr *tb[], int
maxattr,
+				        struct rtattr *rta, int len);
+#define rtattr_parse_nested_compat(tb, max, rta, data, len) \
+({	data = RTA_PAYLOAD(rta) >= len ? RTA_DATA(rta) : NULL; \
+	__rtattr_parse_nested_compat(tb, max, rta, len); })
+

I can send the update to what's in 2.6.23 as the first patch of my
series, or I can write my function calls using the older callback (which
isn't a problem).  Which would you prefer?

Thanks,
-PJ Waskiewicz