Date:	Mon, 30 Jul 2007 13:04:13 -0600
From:	Valerie Henson <val@....edu>
To:	netdev@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	tulip-users@...ts.sourceforge.net
Cc:	Grant Grundler <grundler@...isc-linux.org>,
	Jeff Garzik <jeff@...zik.org>
Subject: [TULIP] Need new maintainer

The Tulip network driver needs a new maintainer!  I no longer have
time to maintain the Tulip network driver and I'm stepping down.  Jeff
Garzik would be happy to get volunteers.

The only current major outstanding patch I know of is Grant's shutdown
race patch, which was incorrectly dropped as obsoleted from -mm (my
fault, I was moving at the time):

http://www.mail-archive.com/mm-commits@vger.kernel.org/msg12161.html

I have a very much non-working patch to do it with the preferred
order, ask me for it and I'll see if I can dig it up.  It's unpleasant
partly because it pointed out a lot of latent bugs (e.g.,
del_timer_sync() in interrupt context).

Also, someone is working on support for an emulated Tulip card (yes,
Tulip will _never_ die), so expect possible patches for that.

-VAL