Date:	Tue, 29 Jan 2008 16:36:39 +0200
From:	"Denys Fedoryshchenko" <denys@...p.net.lb>
To:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Cc:	paulus@...ba.org, mostrows@...akeasy.net
Subject: pppoe, /proc/net/pppoe wrong (extra entries)

Hi again

I notice strange thing, with /proc/net/pppoe, not sure if it is bug, but for
me it looks wrong.

cat /proc/net/pppoe
there is normal entries of users, but at the end i have
00000D00 00:16:D3:0B:F9:34     eth1
00004000 00:50:22:00:1C:FC     eth1
00007E00 00:03:47:BD:34:25     eth1
00007E00 00:03:47:BD:34:25     eth1
00007E00 00:03:47:BD:34:25     eth1
00007E00 00:03:47:BD:34:25     eth1
00007E00 00:03:47:BD:34:25     eth1
and last entry duplicates till end.

i have script to get customers interfaces, so i am using it to calculate
amount of users logged in

defaulthost ~ #cat /proc/net/pppoe |grep -i '00:03:47:BD:34:25'|wc -l
40
defaulthost ~ #cat /proc/net/pppoe |wc -l
113
defaulthost ~ #pppctrl |wc -l
73

It means there is 40 extra entries. 00:03:47:BD:34:25 host have established,
but only one session. I am seeing similar issue on all remaining pppoe
servers, extra entries with same mac at the end.

If you need more info or access, please let me know.

--
Denys Fedoryshchenko
Technical Manager