Date:	Sun, 15 Feb 2009 14:05:03 +0000
From:	Teran McKinney <sega01@...il.com>
To:	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>
Cc:	pekkas@...core.fi, netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: net.ipv6.conf.INT.accept_ra_rt_info_max_plen defaults to 0

Hey,

I personally think that 64 would be a reasonable default route length,
but am currently setting it to 120 in Icadyptes to be safe (probably
closer to excessive). More so, I'm just happy that it is supported,
even though it is disabled by default. Few people use it in the first
place, and I don't see what harm it could bring other than alternative
perspectives on potential security issues that already exist in NDP.

@Pekka: Thanks for bringing this up. I think a short note in
radvd.conf.example might help, but I should do a blog post so that
Google is more useful if you aren't searching with exactly the right
terminology.

Thanks,
Teran