Date:	Mon, 02 Mar 2009 08:22:17 -0700
From:	Gary Thomas <gary@...assoc.com>
To:	jdb@...x.dk
CC:	Lennert Buytenhek <buytenh@...tstofly.org>,
	Jesper Dangaard Brouer <hawk@...u.dk>,
	netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Marvell 88E609x switch?

Gary Thomas wrote:
> Jesper Dangaard Brouer wrote:
>> On Mon, 2009-03-02 at 11:56 +0100, Jesper Dangaard Brouer wrote:
>>
>>> You should write 0x003E ... see attached patch
>> Ups, I see (from the thread) that you have already done/tried this...
>>

> Yes, although I think it will need some work in the future
> (I've set it to 1000Mb connection, you said you used 100Mb, etc)
>
> Question: I'm testing this by trying a ping out of my box.
> Linux replies by sending an ARP packet out, and the destination
> replies with an ARP packet in.  I can see from the ethtool stats
> that the reply packets get into lan1.1 (the physical port I'm
> using), but I don't see them get moved through the CPU port.
> My understanding is that this should work via the VLAN map?
> I checked that setup and it looks OK.
>
> Any ideas where this might be going wrong?

I also just noticed that the ESA registers (Global 1,2,3)
aren't set at all.  I'm pretty sure that the way I'm using
the switch in my bootloader this doesn't matter as all packets
have a fixed routing and the ESA recognition happens at the
actual ethernet device.

Is this going to cause problems with the VLAN (+DSA) based
routing?