Date:	Thu, 24 Dec 2009 11:34:23 +0530
From:	"Kumar Gopalpet-B05799" <B05799@...escale.com>
To:	"David Miller" <davem@...emloft.net>, <krkumar2@...ibm.com>
Cc:	<yinghai@...nel.org>, <e1000-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net>,
	<netdev@...r.kernel.org>, <netdev-owner@...r.kernel.org>,
	<avorontsov@...mvista.com>, <galak@...nel.crashing.org>
Subject: RE: gianfar select_queue bogosity (was Re: ixgbe warning)

Yes, the queue_mapping is set for forwarding/bridginh applications.

>There is zero reason for this driver to have it's own
>select_queue function, so the fix seems to simply remove this
>thing altogether.

What if I want to maintaing a 1-1 mapping b/w the Rx/Tx queues.
For eg., I want a packet received on queue-1 on eth0 to be forwarded on
to queue-1 on eth1.

Is there some way where we can handle both kinds of applications i.e.,
forwarding/bridging and
locally  generated packets.

>Some gianfar developer please prepare such a patch, thanks.

If you want gfar_select_queue( ) function to be removed for now, I will
do that.
But, I would also want to maintain the above explained scenario to be
handled for forwarding/bridging applications.

Please provide your inputs

--

Thanks
Sandeep