Date:	Thu, 28 Jan 2010 13:34:56 +0000
From:	Anton Ivanov <anton.ivanov@...-begemot.co.uk>
To:	Jarek Poplawski <jarkao2@...il.com>
Cc:	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>, netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: CBQ broken in 2.6

Hi Jarek,

The class was created as bounded and never changed. I do a full reload
of the hierarchy including a root qdisc delete via a script instead of
trying to adjust it.

It has 7 or so children and one sibling. It is parented to root.

I have recompiled sch_cbq.c with a number of printks in strategic
places. I have also added some debug output to tc. I have also rewritten
my test suite.

The results are as follows

Based on the printks cbq_set_lss and the cbq_change_class functions
correctly.

It indeed sets cl->borrow and cl->share to NULL as expected.

Based on results from the fixed test suite it also works as expected,
just with much lower precision than what I used to get from 2.6.9 and
2.6.18.

However, it still returns complete bonkers for stats.

Example (same class, I just moved the hierarchy around a bit trying to
get a better fix on this so it is now 1:15).

class cbq 1:15 parent 1: leaf 76: rate 5600Kbit (bounded) prio 1
 Sent 10920592 bytes 14420 pkt (dropped 0, overlimits 0 requeues 0)
 rate 0bit 0pps backlog 0b 0p requeues 0
  borrowed 8311 overactions 0 avgidle 78 undertime 0

It is bounded, but according to stats it has borrowed and has no
overactions.

If the stats are to be believed it is a bug somewhere which is eluding
me (and my test suite and printks are wrong somehow).

Alternatively, it may be a bug with the stats themselves which once
again I do not see in the actual sch_cbq.c file.

Brgds,

--
   Understanding is a three-edged sword:
            your side, their side, and the truth. --Kosh Naranek

A. R. Ivanov
E-mail:  anton.ivanov@...-begemot.co.uk
WWW:     http://www.kot-begemot.co.uk/