Date:	Tue, 1 Mar 2011 17:01:49 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)
From:	"Brandeburg, Jesse" <jesse.brandeburg@...el.com>
To:	John Bermudez <jbermudez@...cservice.com>
cc:	"Ronciak, John" <john.ronciak@...el.com>,
	"Kirsher, Jeffrey T" <jeffrey.t.kirsher@...el.com>,
	"e1000-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net"
	<e1000-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net>
Subject: RE: e1000 - rx misses

<removed non-relevant users>

On Tue, 1 Mar 2011, John Bermudez wrote:

> Thanks for your time
> Can you tell me the command to lengthen the input fifo rx queue?
> is this possible

You can try increasing the number of rx buffers via the command
# ethtool -G ethX rx 4096

and if you were really gung ho, you could increase the amount of fifo
allocated to the rx side of the fifo by modifying the source.  That said,
I don't think that will buy you anything because it seems from the small
amount of data provided that you are having exceptionally long periods of
time where the data is coming faster than your machine can process (for
whatever reason) and increasing the fifo only will give you a marginal
(4kB or so) increasing in buffering.