Date:	Wed, 27 Apr 2011 13:46:30 +0200
From:	Maximilian Engelhardt <maxi@...monizer.de>
To:	"Wyborny, Carolyn" <carolyn.wyborny@...el.com>
Cc:	"linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org" <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	StuStaNet Vorstand <vorstand@...sta.mhn.de>,
	"e1000-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net"
	<e1000-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: Kernel crash after using new Intel NIC (igb)

On Wednesday 27 April 2011 01:34:09 Wyborny, Carolyn wrote:
> [...]

Hello Carolyn,

Thanks for your response.

I have opened a issue at
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3293703&group_id=42302&atid=447449
and also posted all information there.

Please not that yesterday I updated the kernel, so I'm now running 2.6.38.4.
Eric Dumazet mentioned on the LKML that this might be a memory corruption that
my be solved with kernel 2.6.38.

I'll report if the crash happens again, but it might take some times as in the
past it happened within the interval of weeks to month.

Here is the output of ethtool (with the new 2.6.38.4 kernel):
$ /sbin/ethtool -i eth0
driver: igb
version: 2.1.0-k2
firmware-version: 1.2-1
bus-info: 0000:05:00.0
$ /sbin/ethtool -i eth1
driver: igb
version: 2.1.0-k2
firmware-version: 1.2-1
bus-info: 0000:05:00.1

The output of lspci -vvv is attached (also with kernel 2.6.38.4 but I guess it
doesn't make any difference)

Greetings,
Maxi

View attachment "lspci_vvv" of type "text/plain" (17016 bytes)

Download attachment "signature.asc " of type "application/pgp-signature" (837 bytes)