Date:	Fri, 03 Jun 2011 21:38:53 +0800
From:	Brad Campbell <lists2009@...rfbargle.com>
To:	CaT <cat@....com.au>
CC:	Avi Kivity <avi@...hat.com>, Hugh Dickins <hughd@...gle.com>,
	Andrea Arcangeli <aarcange@...hat.com>,
	Borislav Petkov <bp@...en8.de>, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	kvm@...r.kernel.org, linux-mm <linux-mm@...ck.org>,
	netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: KVM induced panic on 2.6.38[2367] & 2.6.39

On 02/06/11 07:03, CaT wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 01, 2011 at 07:52:33PM +0800, Brad Campbell wrote:
>> Unfortunately the only interface that is mentioned by name anywhere
>> in my firewall is $DMZ (which is ppp0 and not part of any bridge).
>>
>> All of the nat/dnat and other horrible hacks are based on IP addresses.
>
> Damn. Not referencing the bridge interfaces at all stopped our host from
> going down in flames when we passed it a few packets. These are two
> of the oopses we got from it. Whilst the kernel here is .35 we got the
> same issue from a range of kernels. Seems related.

Well, I tried sending an explanatory message to netdev, netfilter & cc'd
to kvm, but it appears not to have made it to kvm or netfilter, and the
cc to netdev has not elicited a response. My resend to netfilter seems
to have dropped into the bit bucket also.

Is there anyone who can point me at the appropriate cage to rattle? I
know it appears to be a netfilter issue, but I don't seem to be able to
get a message to the list (and I am subscribed to it and have been
getting mail for months) and I'm not sure who to pester. The other
alternative is I just stop doing "that" and wait for it to bite someone
else.

Cheers.
Brad