Date:	Mon, 06 Jun 2011 22:10:53 +0200
From:	Bart De Schuymer <bdschuym@...dora.be>
To:	Brad Campbell <brad@...rfbargle.com>
CC:	kvm@...r.kernel.org, linux-mm@...ck.org,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, netdev@...r.kernel.org,
	netfilter-devel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: KVM induced panic on 2.6.38[2367] & 2.6.39

Hi Brad,

This has probably nothing to do with ebtables, so please rmmod in case
it's loaded.
A few questions I didn't directly see an answer to in the threads I
scanned...
I'm assuming you actually use the bridging firewall functionality. So,
what iptables modules do you use? Can you reduce your iptables rules to
a core that triggers the bug?
Or does it get triggered even with an empty set of firewall rules?
Are you using a stock .35 kernel or is it patched?
Is this something I can trigger on a poor guy's laptop or does it
require specialized hardware (I'm catching up on qemu/kvm...)?

cheers,
Bart

PS: I'm not sure if we should keep CC-ing everybody, netfilter-devel
together with kvm should probably do fine.

Op 3/06/2011 18:07, Brad Campbell schreef:
> On 03/06/11 23:50, Bernhard Held wrote:

>>> Well, I tried sending an explanatory message to netdev, netfilter &
>>> cc'd to kvm,
>>> but it appears not to have made it to kvm or netfilter, and the cc to
>>> netdev has
>>> not elicited a response. My resend to netfilter seems to have dropped
>>> into the
>>> bit bucket also.
>> Just another reference 3.5 months ago:
>> http://www.spinics.net/lists/netfilter-devel/msg17239.html
>
> <waves hands around shouting "I have a reproducible test case for this
> and don't mind patching and crashing the machine to get it fixed">
>
> Attempted to add netfilter-devel to the cc this time.
> --
> netfilter-devel" in

Bart De Schuymer
www.artinalgorithms.be