Date:	Tue, 19 Nov 2013 07:11:17 +0100
From:	Simon Schneider <simon-schneider@....net>
To:	Daniel Borkmann <dborkman@...hat.com>
CC:	Hannes Frederic Sowa <hannes@...essinduktion.org>,
	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: MLD maturity in kernel version 2.6.32.60

First of all, many thanks for your quick replies.

Unfortunately, we're only part of a big project, so decision about the
kernel version is not really in our hands.

I.e. we're pretty much fixed on 2.6.32.60.

I had a look at the information about Daniel's patches and I also
searched CHANGE LOGs for MLD related stuff.

But I didn't find patches/fixes that seem to address the very basic
issues we have seen.

Would you say that even in 2.6.32.60:
- with force_mld_version=0, MLDv2 with fallback to MLDv1 should
basically work (apart from "details" like wrong timer calculation)
- with force_mld_version=1, we should never see MLDv2 messages being
generated?

best regards, Simon