Date:	Sat, 4 Jan 2014 21:55:51 +0200 (EET)
From:	Julian Anastasov <ja@....bg>
To:	Bob Falken <NetFestivalHaveFun@....com>
cc:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Multicast routing stops functioning after 4G multicast packets
 recived.

	Hello,

On Thu, 19 Dec 2013, Bob Falken wrote:

> Hello, I have an issue after kernel 2.6.37 and above.
> If i roll back to kernel 2.6.36.4 everything is fine.
> if recive more than 4294967295 multicast packets, the kernel does not register the multicast packets. and multicast routing does not functioning.

> I think there might be a variable in the kernel that get overflown. though i cannot be sure as im not a programmer.
>
> Let me know if you need more debug information.
>
> Please help.

	As Hannes guessed, may be it is really the missing
flags = FIB_LOOKUP_NOREF in ipmr_fib_lookup() when calling
fib_rules_lookup(), we have an atomic_inc_not_zero() there that
can stop to work after 4G lookups when rule's refcnt reaches 0.
As result, fib_rules_lookup() can start to return -ESRCH.

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@....bg>