Date:	Sat, 21 Feb 2015 01:59:35 +0000
From:	"Brown, Aaron F" <aaron.f.brown@...el.com>
To:	Thomas Jarosch <thomas.jarosch@...ra2net.com>
CC:	"Kirsher, Jeffrey T" <jeffrey.t.kirsher@...el.com>,
	'Linux Netdev List' <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
	Eric Dumazet <edumazet@...gle.com>,
	e1000-devel <e1000-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net>
Subject: RE: [bisected regression] e1000e: "Detected Hardware Unit Hang"

Thanks, that (and the multiple bug write-ups on sourceforge) gave me more than enough to go on.  I was able to replicate it on a handful of systems in my lab.  On effected systems setting up a NAT and stressing the interfaces with even moderate traffic levels triggers it pretty quickly.  It appears that the NAT part is unnecessary, just setting the systems up as a software router and running some traffic across it also triggers it giving the same apparent behavior (tx hang, watchdog timeout trace, port reset.)

And with an internal reproduction of the issue I have created an internal bug report, described my set of reproductions, referenced the similar external ones and assigned it to our current e1000e developer.

Thanks again,
Aaron