Date:	Tue, 24 Mar 2015 20:31:01 +0100
From:	"D. S. Ljungmark" <spider@...eit.se>
To:	Greg KH <greg@...ah.com>
Cc:	ljungmark@...io.se, "security@...nel.org" <security@...nel.org>,
	security <security@...roid.com>, netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Responsible Disclosure

On tis, 2015-03-24 at 19:45 +0100, Greg KH wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 12:25:39AM +0100, D. S. Ljungmark wrote:

> > > The linux-distros mailing list is your best bet.  They replaced the old
> > > vendor-sec mailing list.  They can help you out here with notifying
> > > everyone involved and generating a fix properly.
> > >
> > > Hope this helps,
> > >
> > > greg k-h
> >

> > Following up with the patch, got an okay from CERT to post it.
> >
> > Signed-Off-By: D.S. Ljungmark <ljungmark@...io.se>
>
> What patch?  I didn't see anything here :(
>
> Did you sent it to netdev@...r.kernel.org?
>
> If not, can you please do so, that way the kernel networking developers
> can see it and apply it.
>
> thanks,
>
> greg k-h

This patch prevents a link-local DoS against ipv6.

To exploit, push an RA packet without any routing information, but with
the hop limit reduced to 1.

//D.S. Ljungmark

View attachment "linux-3.18-ipv6-hop_limit.patch" of type "text/x-patch" (897 bytes)

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (820 bytes)