Date:	Fri, 29 May 2015 11:34:07 +0100
From:	"Jan Beulich" <JBeulich@...e.com>
To:	"Venkat Venkatsubra" <venkat.x.venkatsubra@...cle.com>
Cc:	<david.vrabel@...rix.com>, <ian.campbell@...rix.com>,
	<wei.liu2@...rix.com>, <xen-devel@...ts.xenproject.org>,
	"Boris Ostrovsky" <boris.ostrovsky@...cle.com>,
	"Konrad Wilk" <konrad.wilk@...cle.com>, <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] xen-netfront sets partial checksum at wrong
 offset

>>> On 11.05.15 at 19:25, <venkat.x.venkatsubra@...cle.com> wrote:
>>
>> Please CC the maintainers of the driver. You can get that from
>> 'scripts/get_maintainer.pl'
>>
>> I've done that for you.
>
> Thanks, Konrad.
>
> I am copying Wei too who had fixed the below problem earlier.
> It fixed the incorrect ip_hdr(). tcp_hdr() still needs to fixed.
>
> commit d554f73df6bc35ac8f6a65e5560bf1d31dfebed9
> Author: Wei Liu <wei.liu2@...rix.com>
> Date:   Wed Feb 19 18:48:34 2014 +0000
>
>     xen-netfront: reset skb network header before checksum

So no response at all so far from the maintainers made me look into
this: I first thought what we need would be calls to
skb_probe_transport_header() in skb_checksum_setup_ip() after
each of the skb_maybe_pull_tail() functions. But
skb_partial_csum_set() already calls skb_set_transport_header(),
so I now think things ought to be fine without any change. Can
you clarify what you think is missing? Or is this an issue in just the
old (3.8.x) kernel you're using?

(In either case netback's xenvif_tx_submit() calling
skb_probe_transport_header() would seem pointless, as
skb_checksum_setup() - with or without a fix - ought to be taking
care of this anyway.)

Jan