Date:   Wed, 14 Dec 2016 16:26:48 +0800
From:   Jie Deng <Jie.Deng1@...opsys.com>
To:     Jie Deng <Jie.Deng1@...opsys.com>,
        David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>, <alexandre.torgue@...com>
CC:     <CARLOS.PALMINHA@...opsys.com>, <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
        "Giuseppe CAVALLARO" <peppe.cavallaro@...com>
Subject: Re: stmmac driver...

Hi David,

>>> yes we are trying to do the best.

>>> at this stage, I think the best is: (3).
>> I think the patches David mentioned also included XLGMAC. He sent this email
>> before I explained QoS and XLGMAC were different IPs. Do you mind we do XLGMAC
>> development under drivers/net/ethernet/synopsys/ ? I think we don't have
>> conflict since we will keep QoS development in stmmac.
>
> Great. Many thanks for the clarification :-)
>
> Regards
> Peppe

Do you agree that we do XLGMAC  development under drivers/net/ethernet/synopsys/
in the future ?
There is no conflict of interest since this is a new IP without driver. As you
see, there are several drivers for QoS (GMAC) and several drivers for XGMAC. We
want to avoid this situation for the new IP XLGMAC.

Regards,
Jie