Date:   Sat, 28 Oct 2017 00:53:21 -0700
From:   Jakub Kicinski <kubakici@...pl>
To:     Jiri Pirko <jiri@...nulli.us>
Cc:     "Nambiar, Amritha" <amritha.nambiar@...el.com>,
        Alexander Duyck <alexander.duyck@...il.com>,
        David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>,
        Netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
        Jamal Hadi Salim <jhs@...atatu.com>,
        Cong Wang <xiyou.wangcong@...il.com>, mlxsw@...lanox.com,
        Andrew Lunn <andrew@...n.ch>,
        Vivien Didelot <vivien.didelot@...oirfairelinux.com>,
        Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@...il.com>,
        Michael Chan <michael.chan@...adcom.com>,
        Ganesh Goudar <ganeshgr@...lsio.com>,
        Jeff Kirsher <jeffrey.t.kirsher@...el.com>,
        Saeed Mahameed <saeedm@...lanox.com>,
        Matan Barak <matanb@...lanox.com>,
        Leon Romanovsky <leonro@...lanox.com>, idosch@...lanox.com,
        Alexei Starovoitov <ast@...nel.org>,
        Daniel Borkmann <daniel@...earbox.net>,
        Simon Horman <simon.horman@...ronome.com>,
        pieter.jansenvanvuuren@...ronome.com, john.hurley@...ronome.com,
        "Duyck, Alexander H" <alexander.h.duyck@...el.com>
Subject: Re: [patch net-next v2 00/20] net: sched: convert cls ndo_setup_tc
 offload calls to per-block callbacks

On Sat, 28 Oct 2017 09:20:31 +0200, Jiri Pirko wrote:
> Sat, Oct 28, 2017 at 02:52:00AM CEST, kubakici@...pl wrote:
> >On Fri, 27 Oct 2017 09:27:30 +0200, Jiri Pirko wrote:
> >> Yes, it is the same.
> >
> >FWIW I also see what Amritha and Alex are describing here, for cls_bpf
> >there are no DESTROYs coming on rmmod or qdisc del.  There is a DESTROY
> >if I manually remove the filter (or if an ADD with skip_sw fails).
>
> Is this different to the original behaviour? Just for cls_bpf?

For cls_bpf the callbacks used to be 100% symmetrical, i.e. destroy
would always be guaranteed if add succeeded (regardless of state of
skip_* flags).

I haven't checked cls_flower on the nfp because it implodes on add
already...  I hear the fix is simple so I can check, if that helps.
Although from quick code inspection it seems fl_hw_destroy_filter()
was always invoked before fl_destroy_filter(), so it looks like since
flower doesn't track which filters were offloaded successfully it may
send destroy events for filter drivers don't hold, but destroy should
always be guaranteed there too.