Date:   Thu, 24 May 2018 09:37:39 -0500
From:   Huy Nguyen <huyn@...lanox.com>
To:     John Fastabend <john.fastabend@...il.com>,
        Jiri Pirko <jiri@...nulli.us>,
        Jakub Kicinski <jakub.kicinski@...ronome.com>
Cc:     Saeed Mahameed <saeedm@...lanox.com>,
        "David S. Miller" <davem@...emloft.net>, netdev@...r.kernel.org,
        Or Gerlitz <gerlitz.or@...il.com>
Subject: Re: [net-next 1/6] net/dcb: Add dcbnl buffer attribute

On 5/23/2018 11:03 AM, John Fastabend wrote:
> On 05/23/2018 08:37 AM, Huy Nguyen wrote:
>>
>> On 5/23/2018 8:52 AM, John Fastabend wrote:
>>> It would be nice though if the API gave us some hint on max/min/stride
>>> of allowed values. Could the get API return these along with current
>>> value? Presumably the allowed max size could change with devlink buffer
>>> changes in how the global buffer is divided up as well.
>> Acked. I will add Max. Let's skip min/stride since it is too hardware specific.
> At minimum then we need to document for driver writers what to do
> with a value that falls between strides. Round-up or round-down.
>
> .John
V2 still under internal review. But here are the changes in patch #1 and
patch #6.
patch #1
Changes in V2:
     Add total_size in dcbnl_buffer to report the total available buffer
size of the netdev.
     Code changes are in patch #1 and #6.

patch #6 commit message
Changes in V2:
     Report total available buffer size of the netdev.
     Comment on buffer stride:
     Mellanox HCA buffer stride is 128 Bytes. If the
     buffer size is not multiple of 128, the buffer size will be rounded
down
     to the nearest multiple of 128.