Date:   Thu, 27 Sep 2018 18:56:46 +0000
From:   Chris Preimesberger <chrisp@...nsition.com>
To:     'Andrew Lunn' <andrew@...n.ch>,
        Eran Ben Elisha <eranbe@...lanox.com>
CC:     Neil Horman <nhorman@...driver.com>,
        "linville@...driver.com" <linville@...driver.com>,
Subject: RE: bug: 'ethtool -m' reports spurious alarm & warning threshold
 values for QSFP28 transceivers

I greatly appreciate everyone's work on this.  Thank you to all.

I've had Mellanox support case # 00508027 open for this issue,
and just now requested an updated driver from them to resolve,
explaining that really smart ethtool developers figured out this
was due to the Mellanox driver not reporting thresholds to ethtool.

I intend to post back here for posterity if/when I get an updated
driver that fixes the issue.

Thanks again!!

Chris Preimesberger | Test & Validation Engineer
Transition Networks, Inc.

chrisp@...nsition.com