Date:   Thu, 3 Oct 2019 08:52:34 +0000
From:   Denis Odintsov <d.odintsov@...viangames.com>
To:     Andrew Lunn <andrew@...n.ch>
CC:     "vivien.didelot@...il.com" <vivien.didelot@...il.com>,
        "h.feurstein@...il.com" <h.feurstein@...il.com>,
Subject: Re: Marvell 88E6141 DSA degrades after
 7fb5a711545d7d25fe9726a9ad277474dd83bd06

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, now that you've said that I actually put WARN_ON(1) into mv88e6xxx_adjust_link and found out that it is not actually being called. Not even on 5.3. What I saw was a warning produced by block like "if (ds->ops->adjust_link)" in net/dsa/ code, but not the actual call. My bad. So it seems the content of the function is irrelevant, and as I can see there are many block like this, so most probably it is something one of these blocks were doing on 5.3 which changed to 5.4, which is way harder to debug I guess. Any other things I could check in that matter?

Denis.