Date:   Mon, 16 Nov 2020 07:07:43 +0000
From:   "Tj (Elloe Linux)" <ml.linux@...oe.vision>
To:     Andrew Lunn <andrew@...n.ch>
Cc:     Vladimir Oltean <olteanv@...il.com>, netdev@...r.kernel.org,
        chris.packham@...iedtelesis.co.nz, f.fainelli@...il.com,
        marek.behun@....cz, vivien.didelot@...il.com, info <info@...ris.cz>
Subject: Re: dsa: mv88e6xxx not receiving IPv6 multicast packets

On 15/11/2020 17:27, Andrew Lunn wrote:

> So check if you have an IGMP querier in the network. If not, try
> turning it on in the bridge,
>
> ip link set br0 type bridge mcast_querier 1

Thanks Andrew - that does indeed seem to have solved the issue.

I'm relieved this isn't a hardware or driver issue after all but annoyed
we didn't figure this out ourselves months ago!

Is there any other kernel 'nob' to alter this? I'm trying to understand
why we're seeing two different results with seemingly identical
kernel/OS versions and network configurations.