Date:   Wed, 02 Dec 2020 12:15:15 -0800
From:   Saeed Mahameed <saeed@...nel.org>
To:     Jakub Kicinski <kuba@...nel.org>
Cc:     "David S. Miller" <davem@...emloft.net>, netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [pull request][net-next 00/15] mlx5 updates 2020-12-01

On Wed, 2020-12-02 at 11:20 -0800, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> On Wed, 02 Dec 2020 11:17:16 -0800 Saeed Mahameed wrote:
> > >
> > > Why is that not a separate posting prior to this one?
> >
> > you mean this ?
> > https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-rdma/cover/20201120230339.651609-1-saeedm@nvidia.com/
> >
> > it was posted and we discussed it.
>
> Yeah but that's not a pull request, I can't pull that.
>
> > > The patches as posted on the ML fail to build.
> >
> > Well, you need to pull the whole thing :/ ..
> > this is how i used to work with Dave on the mlx5-next branch.
>
> To be clear - I'm asking you to send a PR for the pre-reqs and then
> send the ethernet patches. So that the pre-reqs are in the tree
> already
> by the time the ethernet patches hit the ML. I thought that's what
> you
> did in the past, but either way it'd make my life easier.

Ok, Done, will submit two separate pull requests.

But to avoid any wait and to create full visibility, is there a way to
let the CI bot understand dependency between two separate pull requests
? or the base-commit of a pull request ?

I would like to send everything in one shot for full visibility.

Thanks,
Saeed.