Date:   Fri, 23 Apr 2021 02:37:35 +0000
From:   Joakim Zhang <qiangqing.zhang@....com>
To:     Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@...il.com>,
Subject: RE: [RFC net-next] net: stmmac: should not modify RX descriptor when

Yes, for i.MX platforms, we need PHY feeds its RXC clock back to STMMAC for RX logic, not sure if it is need for NVIDIA platforms.
And now stmmac resume PHY(phylink_start) before initialize MAC.

> One difference between using the Broadcom PHY and the Generic PHY drivers
> could be whether your Broadcom PHY driver entry has a .suspend/.resume
> callback implemented or not.

If there is no .suspend/.resume callback, the PHY should always work. I have a concern, does Boardcom always can feed continuous RX clock? Does it support EEE?

Best Regards,
Joakim Zhang